Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trattoria 10

Today we took a client to lunch at Trattoria 10. I've always wanted to go there and i've even tried their food before. For the past several years, I have attended a charity event for the United Cerebral Palsy of Illinois - Prairieland. This charity event was a chef's tasting competition (and silent auction) and Trattoria 10 was a competitor. They always made great food to eat.







Anyway, my client suggested it for lunch and I happily obliged. The restaurant is in the lower level (its too nice of a place to say its "in the basement") of a building on Washington & Dearborn.








It's a quaint little white-linen Italian restaurant with a single yellow flower on each table with a spotlight shining directly on it. Is amazing how that one spotlight creates such a private atmosphere at the table that you hardly notice other patrons.








I ordered an unsweetend tea and Browsed the menu. Today's deliciousness was linear to yesterday's -- my antipasti of choice was butternut squash soup which was thick, rich and downright divine.






My entree was a grilled cedar river flank steak salad. I ordered my steak as my normal medium-rare. It had the perfect amount of seasoning in it, with the salt being the most prevalent. It was complimented with red grapes, radishes, Laura Chenel goat cheese and lemon Olive Oil.








It was perfecto! We didn't follow up with dessert, which I think my stomach thanked me for. I was full by the end of the meal and ready to take a nap instead of head back to the office :)

No comments:

Post a Comment